PushON are an award-winning online marketing and web development agency based in Manchester.
We service clients throughout the UK and Europe with our team of 20 digital specialists, specialising in:
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Web Development
- Paid Advertising
- Social Media
Online Marketing Copywriter / Editor
This job description sets out the scope of the role of Online Marketing Copywriter / Editor at PushON, together with the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their line manager.
1. Reporting to
- Online Marketing Team Leader
2. Scope of role
Online Marketing Copywriter / Editor at PushON is a combined role requiring excellent writing, communication and time management skills. The position involves the creation of high quality, engaging copy for a range of online marketing applications, along with the delegation of work to PushON’s team of copywriters, and the proofreading and editing of this work.
3. Key responsibilities
To create copy for a wide range of applications, including (but not limited to) on-site copy, meta content, guest posts, articles, product descriptions, blog posts, snippets, press releases, white papers, guides, infographics, social media and other content as required.
- To distribute additional copywriting tasks between our team of copywriters.
- To proofread, edit and provide feedback on content supplied by our copywriting team and / or our clients.
- To work closely with the SEO and Social Media team to understand client objectives and contribute to campaign strategy with creative, innovative ideas.
- To attend internal client meetings to update project and account managers on content development status and discuss ideas.
- To respond to briefs within specified timelines.
- To develop a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of each of the clients for whom you produce or edit content.
- To strive for excellence across your work.
- To actively and frequently propose new ideas for effective, engaging content for the each of the clients for whom you produce or edit content.
- To ensure your knowledge of the search engine marketing industry is kept up to date and relevant by networking/researching/reading blogs and news sources.
- To freely share knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas.
- To actively contribute to the PushON blog.
- To efficiently manage your workload and accurately record your time using the company project management system.
4. Key skills and experience
Educated to degree level in English, media studies, communications studies, journalism, PR or an equivalent specialism, preferably within a digital media environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of SEO, especially an understanding of keyphrase research and its application to SEO
- Proven ability to produce compelling copy while maintaining brand messaging, persuasiveness and readability
- Advanced level proof reading and editing experience
- Excellent communications skills, with a solid knowledge of English grammar and the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly – and distil the most important/relevant information to inform unique and innovative new content.
- Blogging experience
- Excellent working knowledge of major social media channels including Facebook and Twitter
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
5. Key behaviours
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Highly creative and full of ideas.
- Curious in nature with a lively, broad ranging intellect.
- Passionate about producing top quality written material.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving.
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
- Diplomatic and tactful.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.
- 20 days holiday per year (Plus Bank Holidays, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
- Support with career development (Inc. budget for conferences and training)
- Flexible working hours
- Relaxed working environment
- Free fruit
- Early finish on a Friday
We’re a social bunch at PushON, and we regularly have team nights out.
Salary circa £18 to £22k per annum dependent on experience.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly NO Agencies