Affiliate Marketing Technologies (Kevin Edwards)
The talk was very oriented to Affiliate Window specifically, so was difficult to blog about much outside of the slides that will no doubt be available post-events – so the apologies the following notes are only short.
Affiliate Marketing Trends:
– Est. £4,62bn in sales in 2010
– 12% increase in 2009 figures
– c.8% of online sales generator through AM
– Est. £275m in fees and commisions (suspected to be >£300m)
– Up from £245m in 2009
– AWin projected turnover, £52.1m (2010)
– Up 21% on 2009
There is a general census that paid search is difficult and activity is being squeezed. Affiliate marketing has gone mainstream, with more and more websites understanding the potential benefit.
– Key shift from PPC to incentivised traffic
– PPC has upheld volume but lost % share
– Steady growth in active affiliaites
Kevin believes there has been a change in shift between PPC and incentivised marketing.