Keynote – ALISTAIR THORNTON MArketing Director, thomsonlocal.com
SAScon kicked off to a good start from Alistair Thornton of Thomson Local, making a strong and well-argued case for Thomson’s “do it for me” search service.
- The “local” market is worth £7.5bn a year as a whole
- But individual business have tight cash flow and both standard SEO and PPC are too expensive for them
- Thomson offers a mix of SEO, Mobile and PPC – the client doesn’t care about rankings – just about enquiries coming in
- By pulling together lots of small buyers in the same market Thomson can get economies of scale for clients
- Like a barnacle hitching a ride on a large ship and picking up some of the debris that gets thrown up!