Bringing together the online and offline
experience across mobile, desktop and in-store.
A fully responsive website built on
SkillsMagento, Magento Consultancy, Design and Online Marketing
Nottingham Forest is a football club that has spent the majority of its 150-year history in the top two divisions of English football, with multiple league and European titles under its belt. But in the modern game, clubs cannot rely on backers and gate receipts to keep them afloat – they need to be profitable businesses, using their brand to sell merchandise to their fans around the world.
To regain control of its retail operation and maximise receipts, the club decided to bring ecommerce back in-house after being managed by external companies. They needed to appoint a web developer with proven ecommerce expertise as their operation needed to reconcile the several strands:
- • Ecommerce – develop a new ecommerce site, providing a richer user experience and functionality for customers.
- • Telephone ordering – provide facilities for telephone operators to sell products over the phone to customers.
- • Point of sale (POS) – implement POS for the megastore, and other outlets around the stadium.
- • Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – deploy software for managing the new warehouse, stock and satisfy accounting requirements.
The following were vital factors in the site’s look & feel and functionality:
- • Brand identity –the Nottingham Forest brand would have to be visible and identifiable on the website.
- • Responsiveness – the site had to provide a consistent user experience, regardless of which device the customer is using.
- • Personalisation – customers should be allowed to personalise their football shirts and shorts with names, numbers and messages without leaving the website.
PushON’s Magento consultants worked with Nottingham Forest’s team to develop an omni-channel solution which would enable customers to have a consistent experience across both online and offline channels.
Magento Enterprise was selected as the ecommerce platform, allowing customers to use both the website and telephone to place orders, whilst providing Nottingham Forest with the business controls and facilities expected to run a large online operation.
POS by Ebizmarts was implemented to enable customers to purchase in-store with their online account from one of ten tills in the megastore and a number of outlets around the stadium.
Microsoft Navision was selected and implemented as the ERP system to provide warehouse management, stock management and fulfil accounting requirements.
All systems were integrated seamlessly to ensure orders from both online and offline sources were transitioned into Microsoft Navision, with stock levels and order statuses (amongst other elements) being communicated back to Magento to share with customers.
PushON successfully transitioned Nottingham Forest’s complete ecommerce package into their own hands, so they now fully run the merchandising operation and make strategic decisions without having to go through a third party.
“The solution provided by PushON has really helped us to push the boundaries and provide a world leading omni-channel solution for our customers. It is hoped that by aligning customer data from its online operation and store-based transactions, Nottingham Forest will be better positioned to send personalised offers and general marketing messages to its fans.”
Steve Dickman, Head of IT at Nottingham Forest Football Club