Magento 2.0 was released last year and has already impressed ecommerce professionals with its new features and improvements.
The development community have also been very positive about the changes; commenting that it’s more modular and extensible – the platform is more powerful and easier to modify.
SEO considerations were an important part of the development of Magento 2.0 and it promises to be faster and more flexible than what we’ve seen before.
About The Guide
PushON have spent some time looking at Magento 2.0 in order to evaluate it from a pure SEO perspective.
Our initial evaluation shows that;
- Many issues from Magento 1.9.x have been carried over and many of the same steps to fix them will still be necessary.
- Substantial improvements in existing functionalities (and new features) are available “out of the box” for the first time.
As Magento Solution Partners, PushON have produced the following guide to help site owners, developers and SEOs get the most out of Magento 2.0.
- Chapter 1: Magento 2.0: What’s new for SEO?
- Chapter 2: Magento 2.0: SEO Setup & Settings
- Chapter 3: Magento 2.0: Advanced SEO Fixes
- Chapter 4: Magento 2.0: Google Analytics Setup
- Chapter 5: Magento 2.0: Resources: Extensions and downloads. ← coming soon
- Chapter 6: Magento 2.0: Migration from Magento 1.9.x Advice ← coming soon
- Chapter 7: Using Magento 2.0: Best Practice & Advanced Setup ← coming soon
- Chapter 8: Magento 2.0: FAQ ← coming soon
Printable Version: Download a PDF copy of our guide. Includes 6 bonus tips for getting the most out of Google Analytics with Magento 1.9.x/2.0