SASCON 2012: Analytics 2.0PushON | May 23rd 2012
- Al Wightman, Owner, So What Analytics @AlWightman
- Dan Croxen-John, CEO, Applied Web Analytics @dancroxenjohn
- George Ioannou, Head of Agency, Digital & Wise @georgeioannou
The future of Analytics
- In relation to accurate attribution, for on and offline activity, there are tools that will help us get there, but its just the beginning.
- Make use of the correlations between time and campaigns within Analytics reports.
- Focus on optimising and understanding business performance – this is the bit that is often missed.
- Online is the most accountable channel – but so often we don’t see results driven campaigns.
- Most analytics jobs are advertised requesting someone who can use the technology and capture data, without anything about the understanding of the data and gleening actionable insights.
- Often analysts aren’t good at explaining or demonstrating what they’ve found.
- Mentioned Richard Adams’ diagram on customer interaction at analytics.
- 18million people have contacted a brand using social media.
- Its important to review data on your customer service.
How do you make in-store activity trackable?
- Incentivise with foursquare
- Use ipads in store
How do you measure lifetime value of a customer?
- The best tool to use for this is Excel!
- Merge the data from your various tools.
- Use data warehousing . Can now do this in ‘the cloud’.
- There’s a trade off between privacy and data collection.
- Companies are still not using propensity modelling to target people who are likely to buy, before sending their mail outs – effectively rendering it as junk mail.
- Example web analytics measurement framework from George Ioannou
- Web Analytics Simple Scorecard