- Google are developing an Accessible search that gives precedence to websites built to web standards
- Older people, who are not necessarily disabled often have some of the following problems:
- arthritus – may not be able to use the mouse; keyboard shortcuts are important.
- poor eyesight – large text size and good contrasting colours can help
- hearing difficulties – text version of audio content can be useful.
If you have any suggestions for additional reasons, leave a reply I’ll add them to the list.