When you think of prams, you think of Silver Cross. Undoubtedly, the most prestigious brand in the sector for decades, a heritage brand that is anything but dated or complacent. A modern, dynamic digital-first brand that has a clear understanding of its audience, its advocates and how to engage them.
We’ve worked with Silver Cross for many years, helping them throughout the turbulent lockdown periods and even winning the Paid Media Agency Led Agency Campaign of the Year 2022 at the UK Paid Media Awards.
In the fiercely competitive world of e-commerce, staying visible on platforms like Google Ads is crucial for success. However, rising Cost Per Click (CPC) rates were impacting the Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) for Silver Cross. Despite maintaining strong quality scores and a stable conversion rate, the increased CPCs in 2023, up by an average of 17% compared to 2022, were putting pressure on the company’s advertising budget. The challenge was to find a solution that could effectively reduce CPCs without altering the current campaign structure and types of campaigns we were using.
To address the rising CPC issue, we implemented a third-party Comparison Shopping Service (CSS) into the Google Merchant Centre. This strategic move aimed to leverage the benefits of CSS while keeping the campaign structure intact, as the CSS only impacts the merchant centre rather than the ads account.
The implementation process involved the below key steps:
- Integration with Google Merchant Centre: The chosen CSS was seamlessly integrated into the company’s Google Merchant Centre account. This integration ensured that product listings continued to appear on Google Shopping as before.
- Monitoring and Optimisation: The paid media team closely monitored campaign performance after the CSS implementation. They continuously optimised product feeds and bidding strategies to maximise the benefits of reduced CPCs.
The implementation of the CSS brought about significant improvements in Silver Cross Baby’s advertising performance. Here are the key results achieved:
- CPC Reduction: The company witnessed an impressive reduction in CPCs by up to 20% across Google Shopping and Performance Max campaigns. This reduction was instrumental in alleviating the financial pressure caused by the rising advertising costs.
- Increased Traffic: Despite facing heightened competition with the rollout of advanced AI bidding and Performance Max, Silver Cross managed to drive 17% more traffic to its website compared to the previous year, all while maintaining the same budget.
- Improved ROAS: With lower CPCs and increased traffic, the ROAS experienced a significant improvement, showing a remarkable 20% increase. This allowed Silver Cross to generate more revenue from its advertising spend.
- Enhanced Bidding Strategy: The reduced CPCs also enabled the company to adopt a more aggressive bidding strategy. This shift contributed to a higher impression share, further solidifying its presence in the market.
Get in Touch
Want to discuss online marketing? Whether it is organic, paid or a blended approach our marketing team can help. Fill out the form to get in touch.
Alternatively, call us on 0161 820 7628.