WDS Components, a well-established leader in the industrial components sector, excels in delivering a diverse array of standard and specialised machine components. Their product offerings encompass a wide range of mechanical engineering components and related accessories, essential for various applications such as machine construction, upkeep, repair, as well as traditional positioning and clamping elements. Their commitment to quality and innovation caters to the requirements of engineers and manufacturers on a global scale.
In this case study, we will explore the transformation of WDS Components’ PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising strategy to enhance online presence and drive profitability.
WDS Components encountered several challenges in the highly competitive industrial components market:
- Relying Purely on Search Advertising: The company primarily relied on search advertising, which typically targets high-funnel users. While search advertising can be effective, it tends to be expensive due to the rising cost of Cost-Per-Click (CPC) rates.
- Low ROAS and High CPA: The historical reliance on search advertising resulted in low Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) and high Cost Per Acquisition (CPA), which adversely affected profitability.
- Lack of Google Shopping Feed: WDS Components lacked a Google Shopping feed, a critical component for showcasing their extensive product range efficiently.
To address these challenges, we developed an extensive PPC strategy designed to effectively spotlight WDS Components’ extensive array of products through a collaborative effort. This strategic approach included the following elements:
- Google Shopping Feed Optimisation:
Working closely with the development team, we created a fully optimised Google Shopping product feed that adhered to best practices. This involved ensuring that product information, titles, descriptions, and images were accurate and aligned with relevant search queries.
- Google Shopping Campaigns:
We established and launched Google Shopping campaigns to maximise the potential of the enhanced feed. These campaigns were tailored to showcase WDS Components’ extensive product catalogue, improving product visibility on Google at a much stronger ROAS than search.
- Performance Max (Pmax) Campaigns:
We introduced Performance Max campaigns, leveraging Google’s latest features to broaden the reach across various ad formats and networks. This approach allowed for a more comprehensive advertising strategy across multiple channels.
The ongoing optimisation of both the Google Shopping and Performance Max campaigns was essential for WDS Components’ success. Key optimisation strategies included:
- Audience Targeting: We leveraged audience targeting to reach users who were more likely to convert. Custom audiences relevant to the industrial and construction sector were created to ensure the ads reached highly qualified prospects who were in-market and ready to purchase.
- Keyword Optimisation: Fine-tuning keywords to focus on high-intent, relevant search queries was crucial in driving more qualified traffic to the website.
- Bid Management: Regular bid adjustments based on performance data helped allocate the budget efficiently and improve ROAS at each stage of the funnel.
- Ad Copy Optimisation: Crafting compelling ad copy and conducting A/B testing to enhance click-through rates.
- Negative Keyword Management: Identifying and excluding irrelevant keywords to reduce wasted ad spend.
The PPC strategy delivered significant results for WDS Components:
- 280% Increase in ROAS: The ROAS increased by a substantial 280%, highlighting a significant improvement in the profitability of the PPC campaigns.
- 81% Drop in Cost per Conversion: The cost per conversion saw an impressive 81% reduction, demonstrating the enhanced efficiency of the advertising campaigns.
Get in Touch
Want to discuss online marketing? Whether it is organic, paid or a blended approach our marketing team can help. Fill out the form to get in touch.
Alternatively, call us on 0161 820 7628.